From our base in Milton Keynes, Walnuts Care offers a Day Service for young adults who have Autism or related difficulties. Day Services are available for up to 52 weeks each year and are staffed by our own experienced, skilled and knowledgeable staff.
A range of stimulating activities and outings can be accessed. Our emphasis is on supporting the development of Life Skills, Social Interaction and, where appropriate, Independence. Everything is carefully planned depending on the needs of the individuals we help. Activities could include the following – all of which happen regularly:
- visiting shops where financial transactions can be practised;
- spending time at our allotment and bringing fruit or vegetables back to cook;
- helping out at the Food Bank by preparing donations for local people;
- choosing lunch at the Supermarket, then cooking it on-site;
- learning – or just relaxing – in our bespoke Sensory Room.
The above will be made possible either by using public transport or it may be in our own vehicles. A good walk is also very popular !