From our base in Milton Keynes, Walnuts Care offers a Day Service for young adults who have Autism or related difficulties. Day Services generally follow the same term-time pattern as our Educational Services but additional care may be available for up to 52 weeks each year, staffed by our own experienced, skilled and knowledgeable team.
A range of stimulating activities and outings can be accessed. Our emphasis is on supporting the development of Life Skills, Social Interaction and, where appropriate, Independence. Everything is carefully planned depending on the needs of the individuals we help. Activities could include the following – all of which happen regularly:
- visiting shops where financial transactions can be practiced;
- spending time at our allotment and bringing fruit or vegetables back to cook;
- arts, crafts and projects;
- choosing lunch at the Supermarket, then cooking it on-site;
- learning – or just relaxing – in our bespoke Sensory Room.
We have our own vehicles and some of our learners enjoy accessing buses and trains, too. A good walk is also very popular!